[Dovecot] dovecot-lda and vpopmail

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Jan 20 23:56:15 EET 2006

John Peacock wrote:
> I even tried setting the DEFAULT_MAIL_ENV in dovecot.conf, but that
> didn't work either.

Replying to myself.  It seems that DEFAULT_MAIL_ENV is *required* in
order for dovecot-lda to operate correctly (this is a big limitation,
IMHO).  The problem was that I was not setting it to the correct value.
  For the list archives, the correct answer is as follows.

Add the following line to dovecot.conf:

	default_mail_env = maildir:%h/Maildir

and in .qmail-default for the domain have this line:

	| /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $EXT@$USER

and then add a .dovecot.sieve file in the virtual user home directory
(typically /home/vpopmail/domains/example.com/user) and it will be
compiled and acted upon.

John

--
John Peacock