[Dovecot] Resync dovecot index after manual moving mails in maildir

Danilo Reinhardt danilo.reinhardt at gmx.net
Sun Jan 22 16:14:23 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 14:50 +0100, Danilo Reinhardt wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your answer. I tried it again and i cant exactly say it is a
>> mua problem. The steps i do are:
>>
>> - start thunderbird and connect to dovecot
>> - "open" the folder where the spam message is in
>> - move the message via "cp" command on the server from on folder to the
>> imap trash folder
>>

> "mv" I assume?

Yes, for sure (sorry :) )

>> - do a "refresh" or something else on the mua (no change, the message is
>> still in the old folder, but the message will also be seen in trash)
>> - close the mua and start it again
>> - select the folder an the message is still there
>> - if i select the mail itself in the old folder it cant be displayed
>> (but i also get no error
>>

> What Dovecot version? What filesystem do you use?

Dovecot 1.0.alpha5 running on a  debian 3.1 server using reiserfs as fs.

Does dovecot normally shoud recognize such a file move?? But maybe this
helps. If i "drag and drop" an email in my mua to the imap folder the
doesnt show the old (non real existing) email anymore, it only shows the
newly dragged in mail.

Another thing: the dovecot.index.log file is the only one that has
changed after the move.