[Dovecot] Dovecot-1.0.beta1: New mail sometimes fails to appear

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Mon Jan 23 23:45:20 EET 2006

Jakob Curdes wrote:
> I have reports from users stating the same problem. They are also using
> NFS for their homedirectories. We use maildir there and no /var/mail or
> so. dovecot is 0.99.10.6 and no special configuration; locks are default
> (commented out). Up to now, I could not find out anything. If you want
> me to investigate, I would be very willing but would need help on how to
> debug the IMAP conversation.

Wow.. and I thought _I_ was using an old version (0.99.14)... Seriously, update
now.  Between just 0.99.10 and 0.99.14 there was a considerable number of
important fixes.  And between 0.99 and 1.0beta1, there's reportedly large
performance increases, improved indexing, improved mbox handling, and a large
number of added features.

I'm hoping your reason for using such an old version is that's what your distro
has packaged.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net