[Dovecot] Dovecot-1.0.beta1: New mail sometimes fails to appear

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Tue Jan 24 01:10:28 EET 2006

> Wow.. and I thought _I_ was using an old version (0.99.14)...
> Seriously, update now.  Between just 0.99.10 and 0.99.14 there was a
> considerable number of important fixes.  And between 0.99 and
> 1.0beta1, there's reportedly large performance increases, improved
> indexing, improved mbox handling, and a large number of added features.
>
> I'm hoping your reason for using such an old version is that's what
> your distro has packaged.

My reason for using such an old version is that up to the recent report
of mail not appearing there were no problems whatsoever and it is
running in a protected environment - so I stuck to "never change a
runnning system". I have other machines running newer versions, but
could never make out a difference in stability. Performance might not be
such an issue in small environments with <15 users. As for the 1.0 jump,
I am waiting for the noise on this list to settle before upgrading.

Yours,
Jakob Curdes