[Dovecot] Invisible messages

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 21:25:16 EET 2006

On Friday 27 Jan 2006 19:11, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 18:57 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > The folder Design must have been created before I got dovecot
> > working properly.  It is not labelled .INBOX.Design.
>
> It doesn't need to be below INBOX for dovecot.
>
> > It seems to me that I have to somehow move those two messages and
> > the text file .Design to a safe place, so that I can delete the bad
> > folder and create a new one, then move the messages there.
>
> text file .Design? What's in it? I think you probably don't need it,
> move it to some other directory and then rename Design to .Design.

The text file looks exactly like an mbox file - it is the two messages,
complete with headers, concatenated.

There already is an .INBOX.Design folder, set up with all the correct
contents.  I wonder what would happen if I renamed Design to Pattern?
I wonder if .INBOX.Design would then show up?

And if it did, would I be able to simply move the messages into the
correct folder using a file manager?

Anne