[Dovecot] Shared maildirs

Sun Jan 29 15:42:37 EET 2006

>>> Can anyone give a realistic timeframe for when Shred maildirs will be
>>> officially supported?

>> What do you need from shared folders? Is it enough if administrator sets
>> them up, or would users also need to set them up via ACLs?

> the most important thing regarding shared folders for me would be
> users having their own seen flags on the mailbox.

But... I would also like for these to be configurable, because there is
actually one set of Shared folders we have right now that I *don't* want
this to happen on - our incoming Fax folder. We have 5 people who have
access to this folder, and incoming faxes get routed on a first-seen
basis - and once one has gotten routed (shows as 'read' by the person
doing the routing), I want it to be seen as read by the others.

I also need support for ACLs, because some people/groups will need full
control, and others will need read-only access. Unix perms (one group
and one owner) is not enough.

Yes, it will be nice if/when you get around to supporting the ability
for Users to Share their own folders, but all I care about is official
support (not a 'kludge') via administrator assigning the ACLs.

Thanks!

Charles