[Dovecot] dovecot-lda, sieve, maildir

Peter Fern dovecot at obfusc8.org
Mon Jul 3 08:45:34 EEST 2006

Timothy White wrote:
> On 7/3/06, Peter Fern <dovecot at obfusc8.org> wrote:
>> Maildirs work fine, example:
>>
>> require "fileinto";
>>
>> # SPAM
>> if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :is "X-DSPAM-Result" "Spam"  {
>>     fileinto "SPAM";
>>     stop;
>> }
>
> Not sure if your doing more work than needed here...
>
> if header :contains ["X-DSPAM-Result"] "Spam" {
>   fileinto "Spam";
>   stop;
> }
>
> This does exactly the same as what yours does, and I'm not sure how it
> would compare in resources or not, but it's certainly easier to write!
> ;-)
>
> Tim
Well, for that matter:

if header :is "X-DSPAM-Result" "Spam" {
  fileinto "Spam";
  stop;
}

Is probably more efficient, I use horde INGO for filter generation and
it automatically adds the us-ascii casemap comparator for handling other
encodings like UTF-8, though I believe us-ascii is meant to be the
default anyway.