[Dovecot] dovecot-lda, sieve, maildir

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Tue Jul 4 09:55:38 EEST 2006

On July 3, 2006 11:56:00 AM +1000 Peter Fern <dovecot at obfusc8.org> wrote:
> Frank Cusack wrote:
>> I'm unable to get dovecot-lda with sieve filtering to deliver into
>> maildir folders.  The examples on the wiki explicitly say "mbox", so
>> I'm wondering, does the dovecot-lda sieve implementation not support
>> filtering into maildir folders?
>>
>> -frank
> Maildirs work fine, example:

hmm, not for me.  Here's the entirety of my .dovecot.sieve:

require ["fileinto", "vacation"];

# test
if address :is "from" "user at list.org" {
  fileinto "fcusack/inbox";
}

If I start from scratch and create ~/Mail, I can send a test message
which gets filed correctly (new subdir fcusack is created with new
mbox file inbox).

If I start from scratch and create ~/Maildir, the same message is created
in ~/Maildir/new.  Even if I create ~/Maildir/.fcusack.inbox the message
is not filed there.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

-frank