[Dovecot] Per-user Reply-To headers

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Tue Jul 4 05:13:18 EEST 2006

On 7/3/06, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 05:51 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > So basically if enabled it'd add a "Reply-To: dovecot at dovecot.org" for
> > the mails you *send* to this list. You can of course already do this
> > yourself, but most clients don't support setting it automatically.
> ..
> > But should I actually enable it for Dovecot list? It'll probably break
> > completely once Mailman 2.2/3.0 comes out (when does it come?) and I
> > probably won't bother updating it then. And somehow I feel that the
> > patch won't get accepted to upstream version..
>
> Well, lets try it for a while. :) You can set it on from your mailman
> options web page.
>
> I'm not sure if I should keep it on, will try that also for a while..

Honestly, I don't know if it's needed. Maybe for the few clients that
don't have a "Reply-To-List" AND no "Reply-To-All" (Just need to
delete a few addresses then), it would be useful, but I'm fine to hit
Reply-To-All and remove addresses. I used to be one of those people
who complained about no "Reply-To" header, but having read both sides
of the argument, I figured the easiest way to solve it for the domains
I manage, was to provide them with 'Reply-to-List' buttons ;-)

Still, thanks for giving us a real option!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956