[Dovecot] Further ruminations about the differences between dovecot beta and rc1

nick nick at mobilia.it
Tue Jul 4 17:55:41 EEST 2006

I've had a look at the documentation, and at my personal mailfolder..

I'm not sure I understand why I was able to look at the root of my home
directory with the dovecot 1.0 beta for example in my /home directory
there's a .imap/ folder and a .subscriptions file with the directories
that dovecot now tells me don't exist.

dovecot has recreated some of them (the basics like sent and trash)
under mail/.imap/ now.

Is there an option I can enter under the private namespaces fields to
have dovecot ignore the mail/ directory?

Thanks..

Nick