[Dovecot] LIST command ignores "hidden=yes" for default namespace

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Wed Jul 5 19:04:44 EEST 2006

On Sun, June 11, 2006 1:51 pm, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> said:
> On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 22:03 -0400, Bill Boebel wrote:
>I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an undesirable feature, but when I
>have our namespace configured to match Courier's "INBOX." functionality,
>Dovecot forces me to also define a default namespace (with no prefix).
>Without the default namespace defined I get "NO Unknown namespace." errors
>when trying to subscribe or unsubscribe folders.
>
> It was a bug when tb-extra-mailbox-sep workaround was enabled. Fixed:
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-June/005709.html

The second part of this still seems to be the case with RC2... the LIST command ignores "hidden=yes".

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-May/013253.html

Running with the following namespace settings causes a LIST comand to show the folder listing twice, once the INBOX. prefix and once without.  But it should only be listing the folders with the prefix since hidden=yes on the second.  The patch I listed in my original post fixes it in RC2 as well.

namespace private {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes