[Dovecot] Quota over 2GB supported?

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Jul 12 14:30:34 EEST 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> | >2GB?!  Now can you really call that a "quota"? :-)
> |
> | Easy, I need 5GB quotas for a new service I am going to start.  But I may only enforce it on the MTA end.  We'll
> | see.
> |
> | I have one customer of my current service (no quotas enabled) who is ip between 3 and 4gb now.  He deals in
> | watches and has lots of image attachments and his mailbox grows really fast.
>
> Give him a dedicated server with no quota ;)

Actually, there are cases where large quotas are the last resort, e.g. we
usually tell the staff "there is no quota", but, well, some treat this
sentence literally and delete _no_ _single_ mail, not even SPAM, and,
furthermore, used the mail store as file store. So we enforced a
filesystem based 8GB limit, and, guess what, some (approx one of 35) hit
the limit.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser