[Dovecot] Quota over 2GB supported?

Jeff Ballard ballard at engr.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 12 20:01:37 EEST 2006

Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> Actually, there are cases where large quotas are the last resort, e.g.
> we usually tell the staff "there is no quota", but, well, some treat
> this sentence literally and delete _no_ _single_ mail, not even SPAM,
> and, furthermore, used the mail store as file store. So we enforced a
> filesystem based 8GB limit, and, guess what, some (approx one of 35) hit
> the limit.
>
> Bye,

Generally, we also come at this problem by saying "there is no mail
quota, but please keep it reasonable".

Yes, some people's versions of reasonable are different than others, but
  generally I've found that "keep it reasonable" encourages most people
to behave.[1] ;)

-Jeff

[1] except when it doesn't :)