[Dovecot] How to create rules?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Jul 12 22:06:33 EEST 2006

Romeo Theriault wrote:
> Hi, I have dovecot installed and working fine. I would like (server
> side) a rule runs on all messages and if it finds certain words in the
> message it will run a script which will send a new email.

In order to use sieve with dovecot, you must

1) be running a very recent version (1.0.RC2 recommended)
2) build dovecot with deliver (--with-deliver)
3) build the sieve plugin out of cvs
4) configure dovecot to use the sieve plugin
5) create a sieve script for the user
6) configure your LDA to use dovecot's deliver

You don't have to be running any special software to do #4; the sieve
scripts are normal textfiles which will be compiled when deliver first
attempts a deliver to that user.  See

	http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

for more details...

John