[Dovecot] How to create rules?

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:54:20 EEST 2006

Thanks. I'm still a noob when it comes to building my own software
and using cvs and such. What I need to do is pretty simple so I
changed dovecot's mail storage format from mbox to Maildir, and I
think I'll just have a small perl script running from cron, to check
for what I'm looking for.

One question though: My perl script will check for the existence of a
particular string in and email and if it finds it will send a new
email and them move the old email into an IMAP folder called Old. I
think this will work fine, but I noticed that dovecot seems to keep
track of where the messages are through files called `dovecot-
uidlist`. Will moving around these files on dovecot without updating
these files screw it up?

Thanks,

Romeo