[Dovecot] Maildir++ quota - how to handle a full mailbox

Joseph W. Breu breu at cfu.net
Wed Jul 19 00:40:19 EEST 2006

Hello all,

We are using Horde/IMP and we are having problems deleting messages from
accounts where the user is very close to going over quota.

My test environment includes:

Horde 3
IMP 4.1.2
dovecot 1.0rc2
postfix
maildrop

I created a user and set the quota at 13MB.  I then sent a 10MB file to
the user - which was received.  However, when I attempt to move the
message from the INBOX to Trash, I get a Quota Exceeded error.

Is this more of an IMP error than a dovecot quirk?

Is the message size credited back to the quota after the message has been
removed from the INBOX?  Is there any way to change the order that the
qouta usage is applied?

--

Thanks,