[Dovecot] Multiple attempts to get mail delivered

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Jul 24 23:06:33 EEST 2006

FreeBSD 6.1 STABLE

I am using a basic MBOX mail setup. I have noticed that when the MBOX
size starts to grow, say 35-30M or more, Dovecot will not always deliver
the mail via POP on the first attempt. In fact, in some cases it takes
four or five attempts before it will actually deliver the mail.

Is there some setting that I should be changing? There does not appear
to be any error written to the log file.

Ciao!

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

Take diplomacy out of a war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

     Will Rogers