[Dovecot] IMAP issues?

J Moore jaymo at cullmail.com
Tue Jul 25 06:10:50 EEST 2006

I've probably done something dumb, but a quick search on Google, etc has
turned up nothing I recognized as useful. I just installed dovecot on an
OpenBSD 3.9 box. It is working fine with secure POP3 (after changing the
config file to "mbox_write_locks = fcntl").

I also selected secure IMAP as a protocol, but it is proving to be more
resistant to working. I am trying to connect to dovecot using Outlook as
a client (sigh). Outlook's error messages are to the effect that it is
unable to connect to the server. Looking in /var/log/maillog indicates
that a connection was not even attempted!

I've configured the client to use SSL (port 993), and tried diddling
with some of the other parameters to no avail. I also tried to connect
using the Thunderbird IMAP client with similar results.

I've obviously missed something in my dovecot setup, but just don't see
it... can anyone offer a clue?

Thnx,
Jay