[Dovecot] dovecot-1.0.rc2 hangs while copying to Sent (actually Thunderbird hangs?)

Rob Middleton robm-dovecot at centenary.org.au
Sun Jul 30 17:57:42 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> With SSL?
>>>

>> Now that you mention it, yes.  I always use SSL.  But the config is
>> the same AFAICT.
>
> Well, I guess it's this:
>
>     * SSL code rewrite which hopefully makes it work better than before.
>       Seems to work correctly, but if you suddently have trouble with SSL
>       connections this is likely the reason.
>
> Could you try if using src/login-common/ssl-proxy-openssl.c from rc1
> fixes this? The older Dovecot releases can be got from
> http://dovecot.org/releases/
Replacing ssl-proxy-openssl.c in rc2 with the one from rc1 did not fix
this problem for us.
[thunderbird stalling when trying to save message to sent folder using
IMAP SSL to dovecot. Reproducible each time for me if two moderate sized
text files were attached to a new message]

All our Thunderbird problems with save to sent folder have been fixed in
Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 - both Windows and Mac.

We have always had very occasional Thunderbird "save to sent folder"
problems (with IMAP over SSL, typically with an attachment) ... as of
Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 this became frequent and repeatable.  I could
reproduce the problem with specific test messages in Thunderbird 1.5.0.4
against Dovecot's beta7, beta9, rc1 and rc2 (i.e. all the Dovecot
releases I tried when looking at this issue).

While the problem may have become more frequent with the combo of
Dovecot rc2 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.4, the bug had always been in
Thunderbird to some extent.  The Thunderbird bug seems fixed in 1.5.0.5.

Rob.