[Dovecot] Dovecot and SSL certificates

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jul 31 14:34:26 EEST 2006

HenkJan Wolthuis wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Note that the certificates are all valid and have not expired.
>> The <user cert> is signed by the <CA cert> and we set
>> ssl_ca_file to the CA certificate PEM file.
>>

> CRL checking was introduced somewhere after beta8, if you use openssl >
> 0.9.7 the ssl_ca_file should contain the CAcertificate _and_ the CRL for
> your CA, both in PEM format. Hope this helps,

Thanks for the hint, HenkJan !

Adding the CRL PEM to the certificate file indeed fixes the problem
with ssl_require_client_cert = yes not working.

dovecot now reports valid certificates. The invalid certificate
notices are gone.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 31 2006)