[Dovecot] Dovecot and Sun's Directory Server

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jul 31 20:20:25 EEST 2006

I've got Sun's Directory Server 5.2 installed here, and I would like to
have dovecot use it for virtual users. I have the following questions:

a) How do I get dovecot to link to DS's libraries?  Am I better off just
building OpenLDAP client libraries and linking dovecot with them
instead?

b) how about password-hash {CRYPT} in the OpenLDAP config file? Do I
need to do anything to make DS5.2 do that for me the right way?

c) Schema. Can I use the OpenLDAP schema? Does DS5.2 have the correct
schema for my needs?  Which exact schema does dovecot use? Maybe I can
check and see what's in there and what needs to be added/extended.

I think that's it for now. ;)

-brian