[Dovecot] Trash expire plugin

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Jun 8 18:27:49 EEST 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> 3) Add a new field to index file which contains the date when the
> message was copied. This could be done only for those Trash/Spam boxes
> so they don't waste space for other mailboxes. The problem with this is
> that it won't work if there are no index files. To overcome that problem
> the time could be stored in yet another place, such as maildir filename
> and some new mbox header. I don't see supporting those as worth the
> trouble though, so the fallback could be either the date index file is
> created or the messages' INTERNALDATE.

Hmm, I'd prefer variant 3) with:

if there _should_ be an index (aka it was destroyed and recreated):
restart the timer; if there is NO index configured at all, use the
INTERNALDATE.

However, I'd store all information only found in the indexes into the
Maildir filenames as well, so the indexes can be recreated from the
filenames, incl. keywords and such.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser