[Dovecot] APPEND command truncates message

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 18 00:23:16 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 23:12 +0100, Chris Rodgers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been debugging a small perl script (see ShowBug2) that I use. In
> doing so, I think that I may have uncovered a problem with the dovecot
> IMAP server.
>
> Attached are two packet traces for connections to two different IMAP
> servers. On both servers I run the script: i.e. I login, select a
> folder, search for messages and append a message. On the fvs5 server
> (Courier IMAP?), everything works as expected. However, on the dovecot
> server, the message that is saved into my mailbox has been truncated at
> the end of the line containing "26". I attach a copy of the saved
> message in MessageAsOnIMAPServer.txt.
>
> I hope that this report might be useful. Please let me know if you
> require any further information.

I finally read your message. Did you figure out the cause of this? I
tried the script but it seems to work correctly with me.

Also the captures look like the message was all sent correctly.. They
were from the sender's side and not the receiver's, I guess?

If you're still interested in debugging this, getting the captures from
receiver's side could show something. Also if you used maildir format
instead of mbox does that change anything?