[Dovecot] different locations for different reals

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 24 21:06:36 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 15:25 +0200, Arne Van Theemsche wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been reading a lot, but I think I'am confused about namespaces.
>
> We are planning a migration of our pshychical mail storage. This will
> mean that subfolders are moving from /home to /var/spool/mail. I was
> thinking, for the migrations of creating a realm.
> I would like that if a user logs in with his username, the old
> location is used, if the user logs in with username at REALM, the
> subfolders are to be searched in the new location, is this possible?
> Can I use a different mail location per realm?

I think the best way to handle this would be to have the usernames and
user at realms as different users in userdb. Then for one of those have
default_mail_env point to correct location and for the other one have
the userdb return "mail" environment pointing to the different location.
If you're using passwd as your userdb you'll need something different
though.