[Dovecot] dovecot NTLM authentication

Lior Okman lior.okman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 15:26:47 EET 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to configure DoveCot to allow NTLM authentication. I've
successfully authenticated with Outlook 2003 against Dovecot when the
passdb backend used to store the password is a passwd-file. It doesn't
matter if the passwd-file contains plain or NTLM encrypted passwords.

When I compare the NTLM hash provided by the dovecotpw utility to the
one I have in my SAMBA ldap, it appears to be exactly the same.

When I use the LDAP passdb backend, I can see in the log file that
dovecot has received the correct NTLM hash value, but outlook fails to
authenticate successfully.

I'm using the debianized dovecot version v1.0.beta2.

I can post my dovecot-ldap.conf file, if it will help.

Can anybody help me configure my dovecot to allow Outlook to perform
NTLM authentication when the password database is in LDAP?

Thanks,
Lior Okman