[Dovecot] 1.0 beta3 not preserving X-Keyword header?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 8 00:19:51 EET 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 11:02 PM, Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade wrote:

> Specifically, Thunderbird adds the "X-Keyword: $LabelN" header when
> you add a label to the message in tbird, where "N" is [1-9].  This
> works on dovecot 0.99.11 (RHEL4), but not on 1.0beta3.  1.0b3
> doesn't seem to add this header at all, but rather seems to keep
> this information somewhere else.  Perhaps in the .imap indexes?

No, it should work the exact same way with beta3, and it does work
with me.

> Aditionally, we've found that if the .imap index directories are
> removed, all the Thunderbird labels on messages seem to get
> "confused", too.  I.e., if the user uses multiple machines
> throughout the day, changes in one client may not be reflected in
> another, when the user moves to a different system.

This also sounds like there's something else wrong. Almost as if
Dovecot treats the mboxes as read-only and never writes the X-UID
etc. headers into them either?

> Another thing we've noticed is the potential for bad behavior if a
> use switches from the old dovecot to the new dovecot, which seems
> to be resolved if the .imap indexes are removed...

1.0beta doesn't even notice the old indexes, so deleting them
shouldn't have any effect.