[Dovecot] MySQL problem when using Dovecot as proxy

Christian Jensen ads at peugeot205.dk
Thu Mar 9 08:16:43 EET 2006

Hi,

I have just installed Dovecot as a POP3 proxy with great success. Its
works flawlessly when i keep to the standard but since I am proxying a
Microsoft Exchange 2003 (because the build-in POP3 in MS sux bigtime) I
would very much like to use account names like: DOMAIN\username and this
doesn't work when I include that in the MySQL table. In the logfile it
clearly writes DOMAIN\username so its some kind of translation between
dovecot and MYSQL. Any suggestions.

I another solution would be to allow all users instead of having to
create them in the MySQL table. Is this possible ?

/Christian

P.S Before Dovecot some Outlook users could only download max. 250kB
through POP3 - now with Dovecot there is NO LIMIT! :)