[Dovecot] mail messages moving between mailfolders

taras at elantech.ru taras at elantech.ru
Tue May 2 01:43:28 EEST 2006

Hello to all!

I'm using IMAP-based antispam self-learning. I have a folder "spam" in
each Maildir in which I place spam-tagged messages during delivery. If
antispam filter makes mistake, user can drag'n'drop message to/from
"spam" folder. I running perl-script periodicaly and retrain spam-filter
(dSpam). Now I must scan all messages, but it's not a good practice
(server load depends from mail volume, not user activity) so I want add
a "hook" to IMAP-server,  i.e. I  want server to report me something
like "date: file1 -> file2" via any IPC (socket?) or log file while user
moves messages across different mail folders. Overload from antispam
retraining will be function from user activity with such feature added.

P.S.: Now I'm using courier, but want to try dovecot.

Sorry for bad English.
With respect, Taras.

--
С уважением, Савчук Тарас