[Dovecot] mail messages moving between mailfolders

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue May 2 12:19:39 EEST 2006

taras at elantech.ru wrote:
> Hello to all!
>
> I'm using IMAP-based antispam self-learning. I have a folder "spam" in
> each Maildir in which I place spam-tagged messages during delivery. If
> antispam filter makes mistake, user can drag'n'drop message to/from
> "spam" folder. I running perl-script periodicaly and retrain spam-filter
> (dSpam). Now I must scan all messages, but it's not a good practice
> (server load depends from mail volume, not user activity) so I want add
> a "hook" to IMAP-server,  i.e. I  want server to report me something
> like "date: file1 -> file2" via any IPC (socket?) or log file while user
> moves messages across different mail folders. Overload from antispam
> retraining will be function from user activity with such feature added.

I've done a similar thing, script filters messages to a "spam" mailbox,
users can move/copy messages to "not-a-spam" or "is-a-spam" mailboxes.
Script runs several times a day, starts spam learning/unleraning for
each message in the respective mailbox and then removes them.

HTH,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth