[Dovecot] madvise() errors

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Tue May 2 23:38:13 EEST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:36:23PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 13:47 -0400, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> > Would it be possible to either suppress the log message if the error is
> > specifically "not supported" or, better yet, detect it at configure time?
> >
> > Completely understandable if it's not worth the effort, though.
>
> Maybe just remember to remove #define HAVE_MADVISE from config.h after
> configure? :)

Ah.  I did glance at the source code before sending the message, and
didn't notice any madvise-related conditional near the code that was
generating the error.  I see now that you have a my_madvise function
elsewhere that gets included if needed.

Sure, I suppose I could engage my brain for that chore (with a reminder
in the configure wrapper script that I keep around).  Things are usually
better when I don't have to think, though :)

mm