[Dovecot] Will pine work with the dovecot IMAP server and maildir format

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Mon May 8 18:03:31 EEST 2006

Presumably, at the most straightforward level, it would...an IMAP client
talking to an IMAP server.  But are there more subtle incompatibility
issues?  Ex, does pine handle multiple level subfolders?  I currently
run UWIMAP with mbox (unix flat file) format (users with 250+MB Inboxes
are forcing the shift) and plan to take advantage of Dovecot ability to
run multiple INBOX formats, so I can gradually transition users.  So,
during the transition period, which may take months, will pine be able
to not only handle the new maildir format, but the old as well?

Thanks in advance
S.

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources