[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 9 08:33:31 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 00:15, Fred Harris wrote:

> There's a big push among packages like Fedora and Debian to virtualize
> installations with seemless state archival, recovery, and
> transitions.  I suppose that may be more of an issue for the packager
> than the software developer.  I predict that the packages that
> seemlessly update state across versions will be the only ones that
> exist in the future.

If you are trying to place blame here, I'd look first at the
distros that included a pre 1.x package in the first place
instead of what happens as it reaches what the developer
would call the release version.  Having said that, there
probably are a vast number of .99.x versions currently in
use in FC < 5 versions, RHEL, and Centos, and the change
is going to be a problem for a lot of people.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com