[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Fred Harris frharris27 at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 08:50:15 EEST 2006

I understand that.  It's not dovecot's fault really.  I apologize for ranting here.  I think Fedora has a few issues to work out with this.  I think up until this point, there's been a conflict of interest with the Redhat network and Fedora.  Redhat has almost an incentive to introduce problems into Fedora so that people will pay them to help them with them. Maybe it will get better now that Fedora is more on its own.

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote: On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 00:15, Fred Harris wrote:

> There's a big push among packages like Fedora and Debian to virtualize
> installations with seemless state archival, recovery, and
> transitions.  I suppose that may be more of an issue for the packager
> than the software developer.  I predict that the packages that
> seemlessly update state across versions will be the only ones that
> exist in the future.

If you are trying to place blame here, I'd look first at the
distros that included a pre 1.x package in the first place
instead of what happens as it reaches what the developer
would call the release version.  Having said that, there
probably are a vast number of .99.x versions currently in
use in FC < 5 versions, RHEL, and Centos, and the change
is going to be a problem for a lot of people.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com