[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 9 17:56:30 EEST 2006

Quoting Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>:

> Unless I'm missing something, RHEL will have the same problem when
> they do the next full release that contains version-level
> updates to applications.

RHEL 3.x no.  RHEL 4.x maybe.  RHEL 5.x who knows.

They can either change the code to be backwards compatible, or provide
an automatic conversion, or (worst case) just try to document the process
well and alert everyone to the issues.

In any case, it isn't as blind as someone doing the upgrade now on their
own.

> The difference is just that fedora
> doesn't backport bugfixes into the old versions for so long.

There are a lot more differences than that!

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!