[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 9 08:58:02 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 00:50, Fred Harris wrote:
> I understand that.  It's not dovecot's fault really.  I apologize for
> ranting here.  I think Fedora has a few issues to work out with this.
> I think up until this point, there's been a conflict of interest with
> the Redhat network and Fedora.  Redhat has almost an incentive to
> introduce problems into Fedora so that people will pay them to help
> them with them. Maybe it will get better now that Fedora is more on
> its own.

Unless I'm missing something, RHEL will have the same problem when
they do the next full release that contains version-level
updates to applications.  The difference is just that fedora
doesn't backport bugfixes into the old versions for so long.
They focus on rolling out the new packages instead so you
get the new behavior sooner.  Sometimes that is a good thing
and someone has to do it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com