[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 9 20:32:24 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 11:16, Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote:

> | To make this relevant to the conversion, can you tell us what
> | versions of Dovecot have been included and how they handled
> | the transition from .99x to 1.x in those distros?
>
> Officially, in the ports tree on FreeBSD is 1.0beta3. Has not
> been updated by the port maintainer for a while. However,
> I have built several systems and I am running 1.0beta7 in all
> of them. No problems at all, except for the a dumb moment when
> I compiled KQUEUE support, which is known to be broken.
> What was the original problem the OP had again? ;)

There are syntax differences in the config file between
dovecot .99x as included in fedora versions before FC5
and the 1.x version in FC5, so after a distribution
full-level upgrade to FC5  (not really supported but it
mostly works...) the mailboxes disappear.  The only
reason that this is worth so much discussion is that it
is going to happen to a lot of people.  I'd venture a
guess that the largest installed base of dovecot is on
fedora, RHEL, and centos that all included the .99 version,
because they are so popular.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com