[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 10 00:06:22 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 12:32 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> There are syntax differences in the config file between
> dovecot .99x as included in fedora versions before FC5
> and the 1.x version in FC5, so after a distribution
> full-level upgrade to FC5  (not really supported but it
> mostly works...) the mailboxes disappear.  The only
> reason that this is worth so much discussion is that it
> is going to happen to a lot of people.

I hadn't thought about upgrading for a while now since I had hoped most
people already had upgraded from 0.99.x. But I guess there are lots of
people using it from some distributions..

It would be easy to change the code to fallback to .subscriptions file
if subscriptions isn't found, and the same for .customflags ->
dovecot-keywords. Although for non-upgrade cases it can cause extra
stat() calls which are a bit annoying.