[Dovecot] ssl_require_client_cert = yes for encrypted connections only

Rainer Frey rfy at inxmail.de
Tue May 16 14:43:40 EEST 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 10:59, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 14:40 +0200, Rainer Frey wrote:
> > is there any way to get dovecot to use "ssl_require_client_cert =
> > yes" for encrypted connections only? For unencrypted connections
> > there can't be any client certificate, and I can't disable
> > unencrypted connections altogether (I limit them by firewall to our
> > own network).
>
> Not really currently, unless you run two Dovecots with separate
> configuration.

I'm actually gonna try this. Any hints what must be observed? I'll
probably need a different base_dir, but what else? What about
login_dir? Will this be relative to base_dir anyway, or do I have to
set this separately?
Will I perhaps different CONTROL or INDEX locations?

Rainer
--
Software Development