[Dovecot] dovecot can't start

Oleg D. dzoleg at rsute.ru
Thu May 18 21:47:19 EEST 2006

HELP! I can't start dovecot as a pop3 server after upgrade from 1.0b3 to b8
FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p15

dovecot.conf is from 1.0b3 which worked fine.

(auth with MySQL)

After upgrade i have an error message in log:
"pop3-login: BUG: SSL initialization parameters not given while they should have been"
but I have not using SSL. I have "ssl_disable = yes" in dovecot.conf

OK. I have generates a keys by mkcert.sh
set ssl_disable = no
and.... nothing
divecot started but not working
after connections dovecot in not responding and in log i see:

dovecot: pop3-login: Unrecognized event: kevent {.ident =  0, .filter = 0xffffffff, .flags = 0x0001, .fflags = 0x00000000, .data = 0x00000001}
dovecot: pop3-login: mode: 0x004x
dovecot: child 353 (login) killed with signal 6

If I start dovecot compiled without kqueue i see in log:
pop3-login: Disconnected: rip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, lip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, TLS
and nothing else