[Dovecot] mountpoint_get broke the quota plugin

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Tue May 23 08:12:04 EEST 2006

Timo wrote (a month ago ;):
>On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 08:17 -0400, Bill Boebel wrote:
>> Looks like the new mountpoint_get code broke the quota plugin.  I am gett=
>ing this error when trying to start dovecot, using last night's CVS on Red =
>Hat ES3:
>>=20
>> # service dovecot start
>> Starting Dovecot Imap: Edlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/imap/lib01_quota_plugin.s=
>o) failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap/lib01_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: m=
>ountpoint_get
>> Error: imap dump-capability process returned 22784
>
>That's because linker is being smart and not linking the mountpoint code
>in because it's not used by the binary itself. Fixed now in CVS by
>linking mountpoint.o file manually to imap and deliver binaries.
>
>I guess the proper solution for this would be to make liblib.a a shared
>library instead, but I think I'll leave that to Dovecot 2.0.

Note that this is still present in v1.0.beta8 in the pop3 tree:
---
May 23 11:01:13 testbox dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.beta8 starting up
May 23 11:05:47 testbox dovecot: POP3(test at my.domain): dlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/pop3/lib01_quota_plugin.so) failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/pop3/lib01_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: mountpoint_get
---
Works fine for IMAP, but with people potentially accessing a mailbox
with either protocol...

Dewa,

C. Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services