[Dovecot] IMAP Folder Creation

Zach Hobbs zach-list at zta-tech.com
Tue May 23 20:52:32 EEST 2006

On Monday 22 May 2006 22:55, I wrote:
> My IMAP server was working where I could create a folder in Kmail or
> Thunderbird and specify wether the folder was to hold messages or folders.
> Then something changed, and I lost all my folders that contained
> sub-folders. And now I cannot create folders that contain subfolders (Kmail
> doesn't event give the option anymore).  I can create folders and put
> messages in them, but I cannot create subfolders in the newly created
> folders.

To update this item, it appears to be a kmail problem.  Changing the setting
in thunderbird to allow a folder to store both messages and folders fixed the
issue in thunderbird, and once I created the folders in thunderbird I can
actually create child folders in kmail...I will follow up with the kmail guys
to see if I can get this problem worked out.

Thanks,
Zach