[Dovecot] Re: Thunderbird 1.5 and messages with no Date: header

Angel Marin anmar at gmx.net
Wed May 24 10:52:32 EEST 2006

grant beattie escribió:
> On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 08:42:03PM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
>
>> If the incoming message doesn't contain the Date header, it isn't valid.
>>  Your MDA doesn't conform the the RFC 2822, IMHO.
>
> indeed, however, we get too much mail that has no Date: header for it
> to be realistic to reject them. upon investigating, Exim has no
> out-of-the-box way to add a missing Date: header, though I can craft
> a configuration to do it.

Exim will do it for you with out of the box capabilities. Add to your
data acl:

   warn  add_header = Date: $tod_full
         condition  = ${if !def:h_Date: {1}}

Of course you can add the header only to locally generated messages or
whatever, but that's a exim-users topic.

Regards,
--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/