[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot Authentication to Windows Domain Controller

Angel Marin anmar at gmx.net
Fri May 26 09:26:09 EEST 2006

Jagga Soorma escribió:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I am trying to convince my co-workers to move from Exchange 2003 to a unix
> implementation of sendmai/dovecot.  They have a couple of concerns that
> I am
> sure can be resolved.  First, is there a way for dovecot running on a linux
> server to authenticate a user to a windows 2003 domain controller?  If so,

You can also do it through LDAP authentication. AD users can bind to the
DC's ldap server with their credentials.

You can configure dovecot to search dn & bind if users are within the
whole ldap tree (auth_bind). Or use direct bind if the user dn is
predictable (auth_bind_userdn). The latter is more efficient as you'll
only do one ldap request per login.

Regards,
--
Angel Marin