[Dovecot] Re: Maildirquota

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Tue May 30 04:28:56 EEST 2006

On Sun, May 28, 2006 8:43, Timothy White said:
> So does this mean that Maildir++ does or doesn't work? Do we need CVS
> or will beta8 work?

It does work with both the latest CVS and with beta8.

> I'm trying with beta8, using these settings (mail_plugin_dir is
> different as I'm installed in /usr/local) and static userdb.
>
>   userdb static {
>     args = uid=112 gid=112 home=/var/mail/%1n/%n imap_quota=10485760
>   }
>
> Yet when I try to get the Quota, i get the following. (using SM debug)
>
> IMAP command sent: a001 GETQUOTAROOT "INBOX"
> IMAP response recieved:
>
> Array(
>     [0] => Array(
>             [0] => * QUOTAROOT "INBOX" ""
>             [1] => * QUOTA "" ()
>         )
>
> Which clearly shows no quota.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The GETQUOTAROOT command will show an empty value if the user's maildir
does not have a maildirsize file.  And for some reason Dovecot does not
always automatically create that file.  It will create the file if during
an IMAP session you call GETQUOTAROOT, then delete maildirsize, then call
GETQUOTAROOT again; but if the file did not exist when the IMAP session
began, calling GETQUOTAROOT will not create it... strange.

Here is an example of the format of the maildirsize file, where the first
line is the quota, and the next lines are the message size and message
count columns which get summed together to calculate how much is used:

5368709120S
   314229571        71340
         564            1
         569            1