[Dovecot] Re: Maildirquota

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Tue May 30 12:24:00 EEST 2006

> The GETQUOTAROOT command will show an empty value if the user's maildir
> does not have a maildirsize file.  And for some reason Dovecot does not
> always automatically create that file.  It will create the file if during
> an IMAP session you call GETQUOTAROOT, then delete maildirsize, then call
> GETQUOTAROOT again; but if the file did not exist when the IMAP session
> began, calling GETQUOTAROOT will not create it... strange.

Timo, is this a bug? Is it planned to be fixed? What about the first
time dovecot creates a maildir, will it also create the maildirsize
file if the quota plugin is loaded?

> Here is an example of the format of the maildirsize file, where the first
> line is the quota, and the next lines are the message size and message
> count columns which get summed together to calculate how much is used:

Can I just touch the file, and allow dovecot to fill it in? I'm
returning the quota size from database, why then does it need to be in
the maildirsize file?

When I get back onto the server, I'll have a play around and see if I
can work it out. I'm looking at deploying this system for ~10,000
users, so don't want to have to write scripts to create that many
maildirsize files, when dovecot will happily create their maildirs for
me.

I'll give it a try. Thanks Bill.

Tim
--