[Dovecot] Out of Quota Causing "BYE Too many invalid IMAP commands."

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Tue May 30 14:20:57 EEST 2006

Doing some testing in Squirrelmail, with quotas, and basically opening
a message, and saving it as a draft, over and over until I run at of
quota.

This is what I get when I try and save a message that is larger than
the size left

May 30 19:36:36 mafeking dovecot: IMAP(joeblogs): Disconnected: Too
many invalid IMAP commands.

and in SM
ERROR: IMAP server closed the connection.
Server responded:* BYE Too many invalid IMAP commands.

I would expect something a little more user friendly in that
situation. I haven't worked out how to debug the IMAP session in SM,
or how to run an IMAP session with logging. I may get around to
setting up debug in dovecot to see what happens.

I'm running dovecot beta8.

Any suggestions as to how to make it 'die' nicer?

Thanks

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956