[Dovecot] Migration problems from Courier-Imap

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Tue May 30 15:09:38 EEST 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 6:37, Mattia Martinello said:
> I'm migrating from Courier-Imap to Dovecot-Imapd and I have some
> problems..
> I don't want to change the IMAP folders, so I wish to have Dovecot's
> compatibility with Courier's IMAP folders.
> In the Dovecot configuration I configured this:
>
> namespace private {
>  separator = .
>  prefix = INBOX.
>  inbox = yes
> }
>
> Dovecot correctly shows me the INBOX folder, but doesn't show me the
> subfolders anymore...

Probably you just don't have the Courier folders subscribed.  Dovecot uses
the "subscriptions" file and Courier uses "courierimapsubscribed".  In
Courier's file it wants the "INBOX." prefix listed for every folder (ex:
INBOX.folder), however in Dovecot's file it wants just the folder name by
itself (ex: folder).

You can either try this script to create that file for all of your users:

 http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2005-November/009867.html

Or try this patch which will make Dovecot use the existing
courierimapsubscribed file:

 http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-April/012919.html

Bill