[Dovecot] Server-side mail archiving - possible dovecot lda feature?

Fri Nov 3 13:30:46 UTC 2006

Hi Timo,

I have a question on the feasibility of adding the capability directly
in dovecot LDA (or maybe this wouldn't be the correct place?) to provide
a server-side mail archiving feature.

What I'd like is a simple way to define a maildir, ie:

vmail/archive/$user/Inbox
and
vmail/archive/$user/Inbox.Sent

And then have the dovecot LDA deliver a copy of all mail (incoming and
outgoing) to this archive folder.

Is the dovecot LDA the best place for this to go? Or would an entirely
new plug-in be more appropriate?

My boss may be willing to pay to have this capability added. I have
investigated other third party solutions, but I would prefer something
that is tightly integrated with dovecot.

I look forward to your response...

--

Best regards,

Charles