[Dovecot] Last connection date/time

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 3 13:58:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 14:19 +0100, Luigi Rosa wrote:
> Hi,
> in an installation of Dovecot I need to know when each user made
> his/her last POP3 connection in a maildir environment.
>
> The date of which of the index files maintained by Dovecot can I use
> to get this information?

Well, as long as you don't have the filesystem mounted with "noatime"
you can use the index file's atime. mtime might work well enough also,
but it's not updated if there have been no changes to the mailbox since
last login.

You could also change mail_executable to some wrapper script which
updates some file's timestamp before executing the pop3 binary.