[Dovecot] Upgrade from RC7 to RC10 didn't go too well...

Ivo Truxa truxa at truxoft.com
Mon Nov 6 13:06:12 UTC 2006

I have the same problem after upgrading to RC10. Did you find a solution?
Should I update to RC11 or rather downgrade back to an earlier version?

Thanks,
Ivo Truxa

Hi,

On the weekend I tried to upgrade from RC7 to RC10.  Clearly, I have to
change
some things before I can do this.  What does it take to get to RC10?

As is, my mail client got an error trying to list messages in /INBOX (via
IMAP) and the mail.err log shows the following messages:

Oct 29 10:27:32 siona dovecot: IMAP(archangel):
open(/var/mail/archangel/inbox, O_CREAT) failed: Not a directory
Oct 29 10:27:32 siona dovecot: IMAP(archangel):
mkdir_parents(/var/mail/archangel/.imap/INBOX) failed: Not a directory
Oct 29 10:27:32 siona dovecot: IMAP(archangel): open() failed with
subscription file /var/mail/archangel/.subscriptions:
Not a directory

My dovecot.conf includes
default_mail_env = mbox:/var/mail/%u

And other then enabling SSL, I've got a pretty vanilla configuration (e.g.
nothing in the IMAP section at all, no odd namespaces...)

/var/mail/archangel is an mbox file, why is dovecot trying to open files
under
there?

I know at least part of the discussion has happened on the list before so
I'm
sorry for duplicating other questions.  My TODO is about ten km long so I
hope someone can at least give me a couple good pointers.

Thanks in advance!

--
Dominic Lepiane
The IRMACS Centre